Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Forever Day to our Sophie!


Seven years ago today, February 5, 2001, Sophie was placed in our hearts and arms and officially became a part of our family. We have been blessed to be her parents and are so happy from all the joy she has brought us. We got her some emerald earrings as a gift to celebrate our milestone. And, in 29 more days we will make our way to Vietnam! Happy Gotcha Day Sophie!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I also am very glad you "got" Sophie. I can't imagine a world where that beautiful, artistic, hilarious and charming girl wasn't my niece.
I love you Sophie!

Riot Kitty said...

AWWWWWWWW! Cute pic! Have a wonderful trip. My own cousin Beth was adopted from China and my dad plans to take her there to visit when she graduates high school.

Martha said...

I can not believe that it has been seven years!!! Time flys so fast. I was just talking to Tyra, and about how she will be turning ten soon. It seems like these ten years ago was just yesterday! And than she went on to say that in another 10 years she will be twenty years old, and do I think that those ten will go just as fast! Our girls are growing up so fast. I am glad that Sohie has been with us for 7 years, I just wish that it didnt go by so quick.

Unknown said...

Good evening Linda,

My name is Hoai, and I was adopted from Vietnam. I saw your blog and how your daughters were from Danang Rehabilitation Center for Malnourished Orphan. I too am was adopted from the Danang Rehabilitation Center. I was adopted in 1999. I am sending you this message to, hopefully, get some information regarding your two children who were adopted and the location of the orphanage. I tried to email you but the email would not go through. I remember that there were two girls who were sisters that got adopted a year or around the time I was adopted. I saw your daughter standing by the front gate, with the blue wall in the background. Even though it has been almost 19 years, I remember standing by that blue wall, looking out on the streets. That wall brought so much memories back.

Currently, I am in my last year of law school, and I plan to visit Viet Nam after I take the bar. I have not been back since 1999. Right now, I am doing research on figuring out where I was originally from and hopefully to retrace my heritage this summer. I hope this message gets to you